Operations Support Division - Office of Diversity
Office of Diversity
Plans, directs, and implements the diversity and equal opportunity/affirmative action program in the following areas:
- Compliance with federal and state laws requiring the development and implementation of the department’s Affirmative Action Plan, and policies in the area of equal opportunity;
- Promote an inclusive work environment by ensuring all department employees receive training on professionalism and diverse cultures;
- Implement community and college recruitment to attract a diverse pool of job-seekers to a career in corrections, as well as internship opportunities;
- Ensure that the department provides services, programs, and policies accessible to individuals with physical or mental disabilities; and
- Provide leadership to diversity committees established at each department facility and the community services division.
The department's 2010-2012 Affirmative Action Plan is available for review.